Thursday, November 10, 2011

He's Got The Power!

In my Bible this morning, this story about Jesus caught my attention:

"There was a wedding in Cana...and Jesus and His disciples were invited. When they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, 'They have no wine'...Now there were six waterpots...Jesus said to them, 'Fill the waterpots with water.' And they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, 'Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.' And when the master had tasted it, he said...'You have kept the good wine until now!' "

Something very simple, yet powerful, stood out to me. Jesus told the servants to fill the pots with water. I'm sure they were wondering why He would ask for water when they really needed wine. But they obeyed, and just like that, Jesus turned it into wine.

Now, I've read this story dozens of times; I think I'm so used to it that I don't often realize how preposterous this seems!!! I've gotten calloused to the fact that this is a huge miracle! One that only God could do!!!

How in the world could I ever doubt Him? Since He can do that, He can do anything!

Do you have something in your life that seems as basic and uninteresting as water? Give it to Jesus! He can and will turn it into something glorious for His kingdom! I find myself so often trying and trying to be enough and accomplish everything on my own, and you know what? I end up with only water. But when I let God work and be in control, wow! There's no limit to what He can do! He can work through my bumbling mistakes and turn them into fruit with eternal rewards.

Today, I encourage you to let God be God in your life....obey Him when He asks you to offer him water. Though it may seem small and insignificant, our God is not - He is more than powerful enough to turn it into wine!!!